Our small party for Seth this afternoon was great! Thanks to a wonderful husband and a big boy helper named Kaleb, it got all done in time! I cannot believe the vaccum cleaner ran without me pushing it and spots were cleaned on the rug and streamers were hung without me having to do it and that is because I was elbow deep in yellow, green, blue and red frosting for the caterpillar cake I was determined to make homemade and I am so glad I did. Not literally elbow deep, but it was a messy event and worth it! Jeremy seasoned the meat and grilled the hamburger patties and we had a wonderful filling lunch. Banana and chocolate ended up being the only flavors I made for the cake. I was going to make 5 sections and feet made out of cupcakes but decided that was a little ambitious and too big, so I settled for 4 sections which was large enough for sure. I also ended up scratching the cupcakes after I forgot to grease the pan, oh well! Buttercream was just the icing to use cause the chocolate for his cake on his birthday was way too messy. A mid birthday party bath would have been a little inoppportune when there are so many other things to do at your party like rip open packages! He was spolied of course by everyone. He loved the soft stuffed puppy we gave him and got some great Stride Rite shoes from his grandparents, a cool little bath buddy and lots of books and other stuff too. What a fun day and he was worn out immediately after everyone left. Happy Birthday Seth looking forward to another great year!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment